The Witching Hour – Weird things happen between 03:00 – 04:00AM
There are a lot of stories about the infamous witches. Witchcraft is certainly one of the most intense creations of humanity (when it comes to fictional expression), but in the real-life witches were so real and they had their own purpose in ancient societies.
The roots of witchcraft are simple- paganism. Actually, the magic is way older than religion and cult. In the pre-historic times, the first forms of unconventional expression were the magic. Pre-historic people in the archaic times believed in the huge power of mana-energy.
Later, they started developing different cults for different animals, trees, climate changes etc. The modern term and understanding of the meaning of ‘witchcraft’ is mostly influenced by the Christian indoctrination in the Medieval.
The biggest ‘witchhunts’ were committed during the era of Inquisition. However, many people were accused of witchcraft. Even spiritual leaders and people who tried different ways to seek divinity and self-acknowledgment.
Anyway, in the world of spirituality and energy, the term ‘witching hours’ is still popular.
WHEN IS THE “WITCHING HOUR”?
It has been attempted to give definitions for the Witching Hour, but most of them sound unconvincing, as different rules apply in different traditions and locations. We will try to sum up what is going on.
- The most famous version of the ‘Witching hour’ is the hour between 03:00 AM and 04:00 AM. It is also known as the Holy hour, or -interestingly- the Devil’s hour, too.
- Some other versions put the ‘Witching hour’ at 2:16 AM, 3 AM, 3:15 AM or 3:33 AM, the suggestion being that this is an inversion of the time at which Christ died at Calvary. A mockery of Jesus death, who is believed to have died at 03:00 PM.
- As we read the article of all Esbats – Phases of the Moon: “The ‘Witching Hour’ usually refers to the Midnight hour during a Full Moon. It was always regarded as a particularly potent time for Magic, as the Moon is not Waxing nor Waning and midnight are considered the time between the Days- in between time in between worlds. During the
- Full Moon time all magic work is empowered, all magical work is fertile.” Keep also in mind that in a Full Moon’s night, the Moon is in it’s highest positions during real midnight (without considering DST).
- Another theory – which is applied in Australia, the ‘be-Witching hour’ is around midnight.
According to a Japanese tradition, the Witching hour is at the moment of, and a little before and after of, the sunset. According to this tradition, at that moment the veil between the worlds, just for a few moments, vanishes, and supernatural phenomena happen on their own too.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE “WITCHING HOUR”?
The Witching Hour, the Bewitching Hour, the Devil’s Hour and the Holy Hour refer to this time of the Night when magic is strongest. During this time:
- Witches, conjurers, and sorcerers are more magically capable to cast their spells. Why? Probably because it’s the time when they have more privacy to cast the spell exactly the way they want it.
- During this hour, ‘the veil’ between Spirits and humans is lifted. This makes things easier for the spirits to travel our world and meet up with the humans of their choice. It’s the time when most “visits” occur.
- Ghosts and Vampires go out to “play”. Their victims seem to be in the most vulnerable place. Haunted places become more so.
- Demons “love” to attack during this hour. Many demonic possessions reportedly happen during this hour. Movie industry adopted the idea of Witching Hour (3 AM) into their scenes to add to the background of the thrill and horror. For example in ‘the Conjuring’, the clocks stop at 3:07 AM. From this time things get pretty messed up and take a seriously bad turn.
The scientific explanations are very intriguing. According to the modern medicine, our body has its own bio-clock that works in strange ways and it’s called ‘Circadian Circle‘. It seems that between the 3-4 hours the biggest spiritual/physical changes occur. Believe it or not, the most reported nursing deaths are between 3-4 am.
It’s not easy to fully understand the energy flow in our body, even those who are able to manipulate their chakras can’t find the correct explanation how the universe itself and the ‘creationist’ energy affects our body from time to time.