17 Things You Should Know Before You Fall in Love With an Old Soul
Well, Old Souls are capable of being in a relationship too! Well, we can be a true ‘pain in the ass’, we get it! But, still, don’t we deserve understanding and acceptance by the rest of the world, especially from our romantic partners who we’re determined to give our souls to?
We know how to love sincerely in pure ignited passion, full of empathy and understanding. On the other hand, as Old Souls, our solitary and many other things that define us as old souls may be a burden too heavy to carry by our partners.
In this article, we share the 17 things that you should know before falling in love with an old soul:
1. Don’t worry about going overboard with impressing us.
It’s the simple things in life we have the most fun with. The easiest way to our heart is just doing things like walking around a city exploring, going on long drives in the country on the weekend, a trip to the bookstore, conversations that last long into the night.
2. We spend a lot of times in our heads.
We can say that we are trapped in our heads. We are divided by our creative thoughts, imagination, and daydreaming. This is not ignorance, but a way of life.
3. Don’t expect us to ever care that much about material possessions or gaining wealth or status.
We are not obsessed with the material reality like most of the people. Of course, we believe in social and financial progress too, but that’s not the decisive thing to make us love you, it’s not even among the important stuff.
4. Sometimes we’ll prefer hanging out by ourselves to hanging out with you.
Again, the solitude is our need. Remember this! The biggest issue in the romantic relatinships including an old soul is how their partners see the solitude. You are not being ignorant, just try to understand that solitary is our guilty pleasure and we can’t help it.
5. We hold unconventional ideas about life and standards of living.
We see the world and our life on a much larger scale and because of that, our philosophical views can impact our relationships and the way we interpret the things that happen in our lives.
6. We tend to have an easy-going and carefree nature about us but sometimes it can seem like we don’t care or like significantly hard moments aren’t as hard on us as they are for others.
It’s not that we don’t care, or we aren’t impacted on the same levels, but we see each struggle in life as a moment to learn from and make us stronger.
7. Our dreams and plans for our lives can at times seem too large for where we’re currently at in our life.
Part of seeing the world and our life on a larger scale is that we can often visualize where we’re going to be years from now, and even if something won’t happen for quite awhile, we know we’re taking the steps to get there.To fall in love with an old soul is to fall in love with their dreams, their passion for life. Belittling our desires in life is the fastest way to ruin a romantic connection with us.
8. We don’t really have a lot of friends.
Tons and tons of acquaintances, yes, definitely, but we can probably only count our number of friends on one hand. An old soul is always a bit of a loner through life.We feel like we just don’t fit in with the rest of the world and our self-awareness about ourselves can sometimes inhibit us from making other friendships.
9. If we say we “have a feeling” about something, just go with it.
Seriously. We often get gut instincts about people and situations. We know sometimes it may seem illogical but we’ve learned to hone in on our intuition, and it’s rarely ever wrong.
10. For us to really stay in a relationship we need a deep connection with our partner – something that goes beyond the surface level of lust, attraction, and surface similarities.
We need someone who is a freethinker and who has similar philosophical ideas about life.
11. We have a lot of paradoxical traits.
On one hand we value stability, but on the other hand we also require a lot of freedom in our lives and in our relationships. A relationship where we can have a bit of both is where we can really thrive.
12. We seek comfortable, cozy experiences.
We’re more apt to want to spend a night in making dinner, watching a movie, or listening to music together as opposed to going out to a club or bar.We’ll join you if you really want us to go with you, of course, but just know for us – comfort is key.
13. Old souls have a very romantic view of the world and our relationships, which is great, except when we idealize things too much and become let down by our own expectations.
Our partner can help us out with this by helping us stay grounded and reminding us of the realities of life if we become a bit too in our heads about something.
14. We have a tendency to be overthinkers.
We’re highly analytical and we’re always noticing the things other people seem to skip over.Sometimes this causes our brains to go into overdrive. This is great when you want to get the scoop on a situation or person, but because of our analytical nature it can sometimes be kind of annoying when we’re in a state of overthinking something.
15. The person we date needs to have their own desires and dreams of their own.
This is one of the crucial components in a successful relationship including old souls. Be aware that we adore people who have their purpose and their own, unique path to walk until seeking success and enlightenment. We love innovative people who are not afraid to make the first step and take initiative towards anything, even if they are left on their own.
16. Communication is one of the greatest forms of intimacy to us.
The way we communicate with our partners is crucial for the development of the relationship. If we have a strong bonding with our partners, it means that they respect our way of thinking and acting.Old souls are very cerebral people. Hearing about your history, learning about the way you look at life, and how you understand the world around you based on your past experiences, is exactly what helps us to better connect with the person we’re dating.
17. We might not be seeking a life-long partnership but we still need our romantic experiences to have a deeper meaning.
We won’t get into something that’s expiring fast. We don’t need excitement, but we need essence and meaning. One night stands and such meaningless connections mean nothing to us, we are searching for a true romance. Even if we don’t manage to find the right one, anyway, we want to at least hope that we’re going in the right direction.