15 Chanakya’s Quotes Of Brutal Wisdom That Will Help You Improve Your Life
The ancient wisdom from the East and the eastern spiritual indoctrination are still a huge inspiration for humanity. Milleniums have passed, but still, even us, the modern humans, are able to drain wisdom and improve our lives by following the rules of our ancestors.
Chanakya (350-275BCE) is among those who left humanity a treasured legacy. The pearls of wisdom given to humans by this man still serve properly and may play important part in our lives if we decide to use them.
As it seems, everything is life is determined by our own decisions. We can deviate from all social, environmental, natural and even spirtual laws, but our decisions will determine who we are and what are we going to become.
In this article, we share 15 quotes from Chanakya. He was Indian statesman and philosopher, Prime minister of the famous Indian Emperor Chandragupta, chief advisor, master planner and one of the most important figures of the great Mauryan Empire.
Chanakya became famous for his great wisdom and practical ways of solving problems. He was known as one of the greatest spiritualists of his time, but also, he played major part in building the society of the Mauryan Empire.
15 Hardcore Quotes by Chanakya:
1. “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.”
2. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.”
3. “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your God. Your soul is your temple.”
4. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.”
5. “Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness.”
6. “Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn 16, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends.”
7. “Learn from the mistakes of others… You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.”
8. “Education is your best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.”
9. “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.”10. “There is some self-interest behind every friendship without self-interest. This is the bitter truth.”
11. “Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions: Why am I doing it, What the results might be, and Will I be successful? Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.”
12. “As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.”
13. “The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.”
14. “The biggest guru-mantra: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.”
15. “Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.”